Thursday, January 7, 2016

Search Diligently

The beginning of the new year is just getting away from me faster than I can manage to keep up...but I wanted to jot a few thoughts down before my work week ends.

From last week's Gospel, the words that still poke me are "search diligently"...I think for me, the gift of working with RCIA folks each year is to help them discover how to search diligently for God in their own lives, and it reminds me each year to continue my own search. I am grateful when God is easily found...(yay! a parking space! Thanks God!) and challenged when God seems more obscure. But to take a deep breath every day and look again, it's all good!

And from this week's feast of the Baptism of the Lord...I know the scripture says that God was well pleased with Jesus, his beloved...but I've also learned along the way that God feels that way about each of us...that we too are called his beloved. That's just breathtaking to me. God has lots of things to do and lots of people to care for...to remember that EACH of us are called his beloved...well, it really doesn't get any better than that does it?

Ah...the challenge is to ACT like God's beloved! And so, we move into a new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment