Thursday, October 15, 2015

No Regrets

I usually take this time to reflect a bit on the readings for the upcoming weekend, but, today I digress a bit.

First, my compliments to our music director on HIS music blog! He was the one who showed me how to start this whole blog thing, and my goodness, his blog is quite inspiring! Thanks Jim for the uplifting words and thoughts this week on discipleship. We all need to be encouraged to go outside ourselves and be men and women of faith and action.

Secondly, I am glad to notice that I am more excited and less nervous about our upcoming Religious Education classes this weekend. Our kick off weekend was really terrific and it's been great meeting and getting to know all our families new and old. I really hope to invite many families to make the ministries of the parish their own: music, hospitality, serving...the parish really does need and want all members to find a place where they are happy to serve. I hope together we can make St Francis more vibrant and vital in our neighborhood.

I find myself in quiet and stillness remembering the life of a very special woman who passed away this week. Anne was an amazing, honorable woman who I was graced to know for the last 15 years. She was fun, loving, kind, thoughtful, virtuous, and so many other things...and she was my friend. She's been sick for a long time, never complained about her illness or fell into the 'why me'? trap...She bore her suffering with dignity.

When time was getting short I asked her if there was anything else she would like to do while she still could...? Was there anything left undone or any place she wanted to see or go? Her answer humbled me...there was nothing left that she needed to do or see, no loose ends, no regrets...she was content with her life and at this point wanted nothing more than to have dinner with her friends.

I am in awe of the idea that she could get to the end of her life and have no regrets, have everything settled. She was at peace with her God and with the world.

So, my reflection this weekend is quite simple, I wish the same for myself and for all of you. That we find the wisdom to live our lives, each day until the end with no regrets.

Pray for us Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment