Thursday, January 19, 2017

To Be Light!



I feel like the thing I hear most in our scripture readings lately is the call to be a light in the darkness. I'm stuck praying with this image for  awhile I think. I don't have to be the 'perfect' light in the darkness...and I am learning that cracks can reveal the light too. 

A group of community members are going to join hands in solidarity and prayer for peace in the next hour or so. I will be with them. I am proud that the organizers reached out to St Francis de Sales Church and asked us to participate. I am glad that people know what we stand for here on our little corner of El Barrio.

I remember my novice mistress teaching us that the daily newspaper should be as much a part of our daily prayer as scripture. In these last few months that has been overwhelmingly true for me and for many of you. I was reminded today that perhaps I should be praying for our President elect. Perhaps I should be. I certainly will try. Because that's what it means to be a light in the darkness right? Will you pray too? Perhaps if we all pray together, God's grace will shine on us all like that light in the darkness.

I have to go hold hands with my neighbors now, but I wanted to at least write a little something.
God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment